[Scummvm-devel] Savefiles question

jakim jakimushka jakimushka at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 11:51:09 CEST 2012

> I'm sorry, some more information is needed.

> - Why do you need the savegame? How is it used?

I'll just write the whole savegame to my file during the recording and
then read it back during the playback and load game from this
savegame.

> - Can't you use a specific save slot, or ask the user to select a slot?

Now I'm asking to choose a slot before recording and then asking to
choose a slot before playback. I want to embed savegame to improve
usability and avoid slot's selection during playback.

> - What are the steps (GUI wise) to create a recording?

to recording:

1) choose game

2) in recording dialog press "Record" button

3) in pop up dialog box select is it need to load from savegame.

4) if loading from savegame choosed, show load game dialog

to playback:

1) choose game

2) select playback record

3) press "Playback" button

4) in pop up dialog box select is it need to load from savegame.

5) if loading from savegame choosed, show load game dialog

so, I need to embed savegame file to my recording to remove 4th and
5th steps of playback algorithm

you may see video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trqPXKsAaCs. It
how it works now