[Scummvm-devel] png

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 13:28:29 CEST 2012

On 07/25/2012 11:35 AM, Andre Heider wrote:
> A few of our bare-metal platform backends use our own ELF plugin
> loader, and that is only capable of resolving symbols from a game
> plugin to the main binary, and not to any additional dependencies.
> That means that engines cannot use libpng directly, it has to be
> accessed through code contained in the main binary.

Our ImageDecoder API is inside graphics/ and it'll only be accessed
through that. So it should be fine. Actually this is also a limitation
of our WIn32 plugin support IIRC. This is the reason why accessing
external libraries in engines is a no-no for us.

> We had this problem with sword25 before.

Don't we still have this problem with the Vorbis/Theora code embedded
into sword25?

// Johannes