[Scummvm-devel] ATTN: ScummVM sourceforge project update

D G Turner d.g.turner at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 3 08:07:32 CEST 2012

On 10/02/12 07:44, Willem Jan Palenstijn wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 02, 2012 at 04:41:19AM +0100, D G Turner wrote:
>> Arnaud,
>>   Thank you for doing this. I have now tested and this now allows me to
>>   edit the bug fields as expected when logged in, so improved and now
>>   minimally functional.
>>
>>   However, still some major deficits compared to the previous tracker:
>>   1. Only bugs marked "Open" or "Pending" appear to have been imported
>>      from the old tracker database.
>
> I see closed bugs too. For example https://sourceforge.net/p/scummvm/bugs/5016/ .

Ah, no problem. As per my other e-mails, I can find these now.

If possible, can we change the default settings, especially for
anonymous viewing of the bug DB i.e. not logged into SF.net, to show
"all" bugs, rather than just "open" and "pending". IMHO this is less
confusing, partly as it is the same as the older tracker behaviour.

>>   3. The game group name list seem to have had spaces, replaced by
>>      underscores, which makes them a pain to read. The original values
>>      with spaces should be restored.
>
> This is unfortunately not possible
> ( https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/feature-requests/7/ )

I suspected this might be the case. Hopefully this will get fixed in
time and we can remove the underscores.

>>   4. Some fields from the old tracker are missing, which carried useful
>>      data especially (from memory as I can't check the old interface):
>>      "Reason for Closure i.e. fixed, postponded, out-dated, invalid"
>>      "Subsystem(?) i.e. Graphics, Script Bugs, Occurred in Original"
>
> That particular field has been converted into labels:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/scummvm/bugs/search?q=labels:Graphics
> https://sourceforge.net/p/scummvm/bugs/search?q=labels:Also+occurs+in+the+original

Ah thanks. No problem there then.

Thanks,