[Scummvm-devel] ATTN: ScummVM sourceforge project update

D G Turner d.g.turner at ntlworld.com
Sat Oct 13 00:33:38 CEST 2012

On 10/08/12 17:54, Johannes Schickel wrote:
> On 10/07/2012 11:51 AM, Filippos Karapetis wrote:
>> There are three things that could be done:
>> 1) Import them from the trac tracker, if possible, to the sf.net
>> <http://sf.net> tracker (probably not doable, though?)
>>

> Are those in trac now? That would be odd, we never really used trac for
> more than simple testing.

I think Filippos is slightly confused here and has mixed up the Allura
tracker with the testing Trac instance.

We are currently running three bug trackers:
1. The legacy sf.net integrated tracker, which we have now resumed
   using.

2. A instance of Trac: http://trac.edgewall.org/
   This is hosted as an application on sf.net, but only contains
   test data as it was created to evaluate replacing the legacy
   sf.net tracker with trac, during the discussion which can
   be found in scummvm-devel archives around 10/22/09 10:26.

3. The new sf.net integrated tracker. This is part of Allura:
   http://sourceforge.net/p/allura/wiki/Allura%20Wiki/

   This contains a copy of our "production" data from the
   legacy sf.net tracker, and this is what I think Filipos is
   referring to.

We really should ensure that the trackers we are now not using
are at least set read-only and the various links on the web site
are pointing at our active tracker i.e. 1.

Also, although Filippos has now backported the three new bugs from
the Allura tracker to the active legacy i.e. 3->1, there were also
a number of updates to various bugs, which should also be transferred...

e.g. The new updates on
http://sourceforge.net/p/scummvm/bugs/5832/?page=2 are missing from
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3394492&group_id=37116&atid=418820

Could an admin run a difference between the current state of the Allura
tracker database and the imported dataset and ensure any other changes
are backported to the active legacy tracker, please.

Once this is done, I'd suggest removing our Allura instance as it is
confusing, and probably the Trac instance unless we intend to migrate
to it.

Thanks,
David Turner