[Scummvm-devel] GSOC, Z-Engine and stuff.

Tobia Tesan tobia.tesan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 10:35:53 CEST 2013

Il 20/04/2013 1.09, D G Turner ha scritto:
> Tobias,
>    As no-one else has provided a better answer here, I will try to help.
>
>    Not having previous experience with the codebase should not prove a
>    problem as long as you can read and understand C/C++ well.

Hi David, thank you for answering my call for help!

However, In the meantime, I have already annoyed people on #scummvm and
familiarized myself with the codebase by writing a few tests and trying
to track down a couple of bugs (with no success).

I must say that in the process I became more attracted to Wintermute
and/or Avalanche - not just because the task seems less daunting for an
inexperienced developer, but also because, while Zork is Zork, Avalot
has a ghetto appeal of its own and Wintermute has a gazillion games
available.

I contacted Arnaud/Strangerke and started perusing the original source;
as soon as I'm on IRC at the same time somaen is I'll give him the third
degree regarding WME.

While we are at it, I apologize for the annoyances I may have caused
with my failure to read the relevant documentation and subsequent asking
of stupid questions on IRC; it's not out of deliberate laziness as much
as it is of innate stupidity, lack of sleep and lack of familiarity with
the project (yes, fuzzie, I mean the annoyances I have caused *you* :)

Greetings!

--
Tobia Tesan
<tobia.tesan at gmail.com>