[Scummvm-devel] Building the Android port on SDK 22

A. Milburn fuzzie at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Aug 7 16:28:00 CEST 2013

On Wed, Aug 07, 2013 at 04:14:18PM +0200, Marcus Comstedt wrote:
> I'm trying to build ScummVM for Android using Android SDK 22.  (Older
> versions use Sun Java extensions, and can not be used with IBM JDK.)

Beware that OpenJDK and Sun's JDK 7 have been known to cause problems with
dex when compiling some bits of the tree (their javac compilers, that is,
there's no problem using them for the build tools), I don't know if that's
still an issue.

> However, a more serious issue seems to be that the Makefile uses the
> deprecated "apkbuilder" command, which has now been completely
> removed.

Is com.android.sdklib.build.ApkBuilderMain gone entirely? If it is then
you might try copying an old sdklib.jar and putting that in -classpath
using some wrapper script.

> Some googling suggest that there is no direct replacement, but on the
> other hand Xavier Ducrohet at Google says that the only thing
> apkbuilder did was put stuff into a zipfile, and that "zip" is
> therefore a suitable replacement.

Well, yes, if you want to manually create the directory tree etc..
I suspect it might be easier to write something in Java which wraps
around the ApkBuilder class, there seem to be a few projects which
already did pretty much that.

- Alyssa