[Scummvm-devel] SDL v2.0 Released...

D G Turner d.g.turner at ntlworld.com
Wed Aug 14 09:07:37 CEST 2013

Morning,
  I know that we are having several other discussions at the moment,
  but just to add one more...

  SDL v2.0.0 was released on Aug 12th two days ago and can be found
  here:
  http://www.libsdl.org/download-2.0.php

  A migration guide from v1.2 API to v2.0 can be found here:
  http://wiki.libsdl.org/moin.fcg/MigrationGuide

  It would be good if we could look at adding the ability to
  all the SDL based backends to link against either SDL v1.2
  or v2.0 for future development.

  For clarity, I am not suggesting that we switch to v2.0 by default,
  but as with the OpenGL backend, we add the required code to link
  against v2.0 instead and a configure option to do this...

  I am also sending this to kick off the discussion on how we deal with
  the missing APIs ie. CDROM handling and to see if anyone has an
  question we should pose to the libSDL team, which are not in the
  migration guide...
Thanks,
David Turner