[Scummvm-devel] Non-AA GUI renderer

Filippos Karapetis bluegr at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 15:07:11 CEST 2013

Would it be possible at all to remove extra effects, e.g. remove shadows
and other "expensive" effects that need these operations from the non-AA
renderer? Or are these operations used for the whole rendering process?

Regards
Filippos

On Sunday, August 18, 2013, Willem Jan Palenstijn wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Pull request 361 ( https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/pull/361 ) adds
> various
> rendering improvements to our GUI, but in doing so adds expensive
> alpha/blending operations to the non-AA GUI renderer.
>
> This leads to the question if we still need and/or care for our non-AA
> GUI renderer. Does anybody have a clear view over if this is still needed
> for
> performance reasons on some platforms with some themes?
>
> If not, I think we could seriously consider removing the non-AA variant.
>
> -Willem Jan

"Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes" - Oscar Wilde