[Scummvm-devel] Debug console crashes symbian's scummvm

Федор fedor_qd at mail.ru
Mon Dec 2 23:03:41 CET 2013

 Console input is optional. Output not used. Symbian version trap messages and erros from console output and rout to file named scummvm.stderr.txt. Pop console stop it. I check this file and found nothin significant. Exept one. Texts from startind debug console doesn't rout to scummvm.stderr.txt. Also I switch on extended error mode where OS shows all errors with codes but nothing shown.
Also in 7th guest  and CSTime doesn't work keys '*' and '#'. First key Displays the Global Menu(very bad if not working), second - Show/hide the debugging console(may not work in some games - nothing significant). Also key '0' must Displays the Global Menu like ctrl-f5 in windows.

Only 7th guest supported by stable release 1.6.0. Other starts with console.

I rebuild with console support. Does not matter has console support or not. After some tests here is my report.

My test device is nokia 5800 with S60v5. Theme is ScummVM Modern.

On device my steps for 7th guest (both iOS and DOS versions) is:
1) starting game and appears game screen
2) one second later first console windows fully hiding game screen (on stable Windows64 noconsole version 1.6.0 can't reproduce - key '~' does nothing )
!!!one moment - it has black fonts on white background, no theme image. It looks like symbian's C console example. Also I see only known apps in task manager. SC was alone.
3) switching to other apps and then back
4) I  produce debug console() and close
!!! produce console from key '0' instead '#'
5) Scummvm closes and pushes to main menu without errors

CSTime (windows demo): see 7th guest exept 2) and 3)

Last Express :
1) starting game and appears game screen
2) one second later popups debug console with theme background
3) I close console
4) Scummvm closes and pushes to main menu without errors

Панядзелак,  2 снежня 2013, 12:30 UTC ад Willem Jan Palenstijn <wjp at usecode.org>:
>On Mon, Dec 02, 2013 at 04:20:18PM +0400, Федор wrote:
>>  Hi! I encouter this problem in Last express, Myst: Cstime and 7th guest.
>>   Scumm games close console fine(Test Indiana Jones and fate of atlantis and
>>  Full throttle)
>
>Details please.
>
>-Willem Jan

С уважением, Федор Стрижнёв.