[Scummvm-devel] Jpeg compilation errors

D G Turner d.g.turner at ntlworld.com
Sat Dec 14 01:16:42 CET 2013

Fedor,
  From your first reported error at line 85 of jpeg.cpp, that is:
  ERREXIT(cinfo, JERR_INPUT_EMPTY);

  The ERREXIT macro and JERR_INPUT_EMPTY are defined by macros in
  jerror.h, which is included at line 41 of jpeg.cpp.

  I suggest that either:
  a) USE_JPEG is not set blocking the inclusion of jerror.h,
     though this should not cause an issue because the same guard
     is present around the fillInputBuffer and other code here...

     Have you modified this code from the current master version?

  b) The jpeg headers are not present in the system search paths
     (Note the angle brackets, not double quotes at line 41).

  c) The recursive macros in jerror.h are not correctly parsed
     by the Symbian toolchain preprocessor (cpp) resulting in
     an incorrect code being compiled and a failure.
     You should try modifying the compile to stop after preprocessing
     and dump the C/C++ code to be compiled, which would allow you to
     check against manually following the jerror.h header.

  I hope you manage to work this out as it is doubtful we can offer
  any further help based on the information you have provided.
Thanks,
David Turner