[Scummvm-devel] We need to upgrade our forums

Arnaud Boutonné strangerke at scummvm.org
Fri Dec 27 09:36:57 CET 2013

Hi guys

Just a little word concerning the time it takes those days: don't
underestimate it. A new account is create 2-3 times per hour, and it's
manually checked on spam databases then manually confirmed or deleted. So,
obviously, it takes time.

In order to clean up things before we upgrade, I deleted all the spam
messages older than 2 weeks in the Deleted forum. The result is a 20%
smaller database, which can't hurt. I also want to manually remove all the
accounts which never posted anything, as the current spams are all created
by those sleeping accounts.

I'd like to help for the migration, so don't hesitate to ask me for
assistance if I can help

See you
Arnaud