[Scummvm-devel] RFC: Touch interface for ScummVM

A. Milburn fuzzie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 26 10:46:27 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 09:38:14AM +0300, Eugene Sandulenko wrote:
> I am working with a designer on new touch interface for ScummVM, and here
> is the very first shot which she made after studying our current GUI.

Great! It's nice to see some quite different ideas.

The forum thread at http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=11358 was
also interesting, if anyone didn't see it, although less realistic. :-)

> I need your comments. (And please, don't complain about game box scans,
> those are unintentional. Consider them as picture placeholdlers).

Hm, what happens if you don't have any pictures? I'm not sure if there's
enough space for a text placeholder if you do it horizontally like that,
as opposed to in the other orientation (i.e. have a vertical list on one
side, with the name/picture).

And a more general question: how would it scale? The shots are really
small, and a big problem with the current GUI is that it's impossible to
touch anything on a phone at modern resolutions like 1920x1080.

The concept launcher GUI looks easy enough to scale, giving us nice big
targets to touch (as long as we have nice huge bitmaps for all the buttons
etc) but the config options etc are what worries me.

- Alyssa