[Scummvm-devel] Copyright Header for Games with Source

A. Milburn fuzzie at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 31 10:28:20 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 08:22:44PM -0400, Matthew Hoops wrote:
> In my opinion, we should update those other engines to match sword2's
> method of including the original copyright in the header for those
> games. Since (most) originally weren't GPL, they should go in the GPL
> header to reflect their original copyright and how they were then
> GPL'd. I'll be willing to update those (hey, a volunteer even!), but
> I'd like to double-check with everyone else first.

I think we should put them underneath, as most of the engines do it.
The *current* licensing situation is the important one, and I think
it's preferable to keep our initial headers consistent between all
files if possible, if only to make it easier to check them. Plus I
think anyone reading the files is likely to skip over the standard
comment on the basis that they've seen it all before..

But in any case updating tinsel/queen seems like a good idea.

- Alyssa