[Scummvm-devel] FW: Myst error : coukd not switch to resolution '544'x332'

Федор fedor_qd at mail.ru
Wed Nov 13 12:43:51 CET 2013

Yes, initGraphics() cheks game resolution and SDL resolutions. Myst and Riven have resolution not supported in SDL. Myst resolution is 544*332, Rven - 604*436. Is it possible to move initialisation videomode from SDL to symbian backend? I think in future ScummVM wil support more games with nonstandart resolutions.

Серада, 13 лістапада 2013, 8:43 UTC ад Lars Persson <larspp at hotmail.com>:
>Hi! Symbian SDL supports 320x200, 320x240, 640x400, 640x480, i.e usual fullscreen vga resolution. Windows SDL supports any resolution in windowed mode, but in fullscreen modes I think they are centering in any of the modes available, i.e one of the fullscreen modes. I think ScummVM should have a fallback for fullscreen resolution when custom resolution is not available. I know this is not the only game requireing a custom resolution.
>
>BR
>Lars
>From: fedor_qd at mail.ru
>To: larspp at hotmail.com
>Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 20:15:37 +0400
>CC: scummvm-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
>Subject: Re: [Scummvm-devel] FW: Myst error : coukd not switch to resolution '544'x332'
>
>I run demo Myst in mingw-w64-master-8e384fc3 successfully. I don't know about other version. Is Symbian version support game-specific resolution or all games runs in same resolution(I mean game resolution itself, not device specs)?
>

>А╝торак, 12 лістапада 2013, 10:03 UTC ад Lars Persson <larspp at hotmail.com>:
>>Hi!
>>Perhaps for Symbian we could just do a resolution override to 640x400. I guess that would fit anyway, centering or not. But is n't this an issue for all SDL backends not supporting custom resolutions really?
>>
>>Best regards
>>Lars
>>> From: fedor_qd at mail.ru
>>> To: lists Scummvm-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
>>> Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 16:28:41 +0300
>>> Subject: [Scummvm-devel] FW: Myst error : coukd not switch to resolution '544'x332'
>>>
>>> Thanks. Centering provide by backend or sdl library itself?
>>>
>>> С уважением, Фёдор.
>>>
>>> исходное сбщ
>>> Тема: Re: [Scummvm-devel] Myst error : coukd not switch to resolution '544'x332'
>>> От: Matthew Hoops <clone2727 at gmail.com>
>>> Дата: 08.11.2013 15.25
>>>
>>> You need to make your port support the resolution, probably by centering it
>>> on the screen. I'm guessing Symbian based on your past e-mails.
>>>
>>> Matt

С уважением, Федор Стрижнёв.