[Scummvm-devel] FW: Myst error : coukd not switch to resolution '544'x332'

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 15:13:24 CET 2013

On 11/13/2013 02:43 PM, Lars Persson wrote:
> Hi!I mean that perhaps ScummVM should have a fallback to a more common
> resolution built in if setResolution fails, i.e 640x400 for example as
> a safemode resolution. But again.. that could be done in a specialized
> part of the Symbian SDL backend also.

We could implement such a thing, yes.

Btw, I checked SDL sources a bit and it seems the fallback which can be
noticed on Windows under some circumstances is a generic thing. But
AFAICT it relies on the video backend of SDL to implement ListModes
properly.
The Symbian output seems to either allow any mode (thus it shouldn't
fail...) or only a list of very specific modes for 12 or 8 bits per
pixel... So, one could also think of patching this output. I guess the
Symbian SDL version uses the backend in src/video/symbian/EKA1 (That one
only allows 640x200, 640x400, 640x480, 320x200 and 320x240 at least and
some other bits on "Series 60")?
It might be possible to patch up EPOC_ListModes a bit to return the
(former) list of supported video modes and then it will (hopefully) work
without any ScummVM changes.

// Johannes