[Scummvm-devel] How to package fonts for an engine

Adrian Astley adastley at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 00:33:47 CEST 2013

Hello everyone,

In most of the releases of Zork Nemesis and Zork Grand Inquisitor, there
are no font files provided. It was assumed that the fonts could be found on
the users operating system. Since we can not assume that I'm faced with a
delima of what to use for fonts. So far I've come up with two solutions:

   1. Ask the user to acquire the fonts and put them in a specific folder
   2. Supply royalty-free replacements for the fonts

I have found suitable royalty-free replacements, but I don't know the best
way to package them in order for them to be used. One solution is to have a
global font bundle similar to what we already have for GUI fonts. I would
like to hear everyone's thoughts on the matter and the implications.

Thanks for your time,

Adrian / RichieSams