[Scummvm-devel] Enabling Virtual Keyboard Support on Desktop Ports

Matthew Hoops clone2727 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 14:15:20 CEST 2014

On Apr 16, 2014 7:52 AM, "D G Turner" <d.g.turner at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Team,
>   We have a request on the forums from a physically disabled ScummVM
>   user to enable Virtual Keyboard support on the Win32 desktop port:
>   http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=13561
The facilities available on Windows (whether built-in or downloaded) far
surpass what we do or can offer. They should use that instead.

Not to mention we obviously draw over the game. An external one won't.

>   As far as I can see, the feature was disabled as the F7 key to
>   activate this conflicted with the usage of F7 in various engines,
>   breaking the games.
We should change the combo then. A key used for two things is bad.

>   So does anyone know of any blockers to this?
Yes. For starters, the virtual keyboard *pauses* the engine. This is really
unacceptable.

Matt