[Scummvm-devel] SaveLoadChooser.PageDisplay vs lowres themes

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 17:12:29 CET 2014

On 01/11/2014 05:03 PM, Marcus Comstedt wrote:
> Johannes Schickel <lordhoto at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I think the issue is that it actually tries to construct the grid based
>> chooser which only works in non-lowres mode
>> (SaveLoadChooser::selectChooser and getRequestedSaveLoadDialog should
>> prevent that). The hack only makes sure that when you switch from hires
>> to lowres ScummVM does not crash.
>>
>> I cannot reproduce how this chooser is opened in lowres mode for you (on
>> desktop with -g1x). Do you have any instructions for that?
> I didn't think to use -g1x, so what I did was to modify the resolution
> attribute in the stx files to make classic_layout_lowres.stx be used
> for 400.

Hm, that explains why it might explode. The lowres layout doesn't have
any page wigdet, this var to check whether they are available is really
only a hack. So, if you want to use the lowres layout for higher
resolutions you will probably have to patch those theme files and/or
possibly delay the page display widget generation in the grid based chooser.

> However, if I revert that change and use -g1x as you suggest, I still
> can reproduce the issue.

Did you make sure to recompile (and regenerate the builtin theme)
ScummVM after reverting the change in classic_layout_lowres.stx?

> Note that I am using the classical theme (builtin).  Maybe that is the
> difference?  (I'm running an uninstalled binary, without using
> --themepath)
>
> Also, I'm using "Load" from the in-game menu (SCUMM game), not from
> the launcher.

When I start DOTT with -g1x --gui-theme=builtin and open up the "Load"
menu from the F5 menu I get the list based chooser without any issues.
Can you maybe be a bit more precise on how to reproduce it?

// Johannes