[Scummvm-devel] SaveLoadChooser.PageDisplay vs lowres themes

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 00:23:08 CET 2014

On 01/12/2014 12:17 AM, Marcus Comstedt wrote:
> Johannes Schickel <lordhoto at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> The issue is the following: Suppose you start ScummVM in 640x480
>> (i.e. hires with grid allowed), open the grid based save/load dialog
>> and then use hotkeys to switch to 320x240 while the grid dialog is
>> open, then you get SaveLoadChooserGrid::reflowLayout called with the
>> lowres theme which doesn't allow a grid based dialog and doesn't have
>> the page widget defined => crash. That's what the HACK tries to cover.
> Ah, now I understand.  I didn't consider that there was a hotkey to
> change the res while the dialog was showing, only that you could do it
> by going back to the options dialog first (in which case a new chooser
> would be instantiated).

I see. Yes, that would be the really nice world everyone wants to live
in... Sadly, it's not easy like that :-).

> Soo...  In this case you would actually get the grid chooser in lowres
> (which is not supported)?  Except without the page number indicator?

Yes, the code will do unspeakable things to close the grid chooser and
open the list one instead in this case.

The page number indicator is only used in the grid based one btw. The
list one has the scrollbar instead.

> Anyway, thanks for answering; this whole mess seems a little more
> clear to me now.  :-)

You're welcome. I think I'll rename this theme var as you suggested and
simplify the choosing with it anyway, so thanks for that (at least when
I find some time for that...)

// Johannes