[Scummvm-devel] Pajama Sam: Games To Play On Any Day

Willem Jan Palenstijn wjp at usecode.org
Tue Jul 22 00:58:08 CEST 2014

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 10:50:30PM +1000, Travis Howell wrote:
> I suspected this bug was holding back your release of Pajama Sam: Games
> to play on Any Day, and I have looked into the bug several times, but
> without any luck.
>
> The bug is caused by an infinite loop occurs in one script (room 2
> script 2070), specifically this section:
> [0019] (84) localvar0 = getRandomNumberRange(0,63)
> [0021] (36) unless (((roomarray24[localvar0][4] &&
> (roomarray24[localvar0][5] != 3)) &&
> (getSpriteInfo.getFlagAutoAnim(roomarray24[localvar0][4]) != 1))) jump 19
>
> The problem is the AutoAnim flag for the sprites is always set at this
> stage, and I can find no code differences for how the AutoAnim is
> handled in original code, that would fix this bug either.
>
> Unfortunately the real cause of the bug seems to be elsewhere (arrays?,
> script handling?), but it isn't clear where that could be. I would
> rather not add a hack to work around that issue either.

Could there be a problem with resetting this flag? Soon before the hang, it sets AutoAnim on spriteId 49 - 77, but the spriteIds checked in the infinite loop are 25 - 48. (The 48 vs 49 sounds suspiciously close.)

Just thinking out loud here, since I'm not too familiar with HE rendering, but since I don't see a tracker item for this, I don't know how much you already figured out.

-Willem Jan