[Scummvm-devel] SCUMM Steam Releases

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Tue Jun 3 16:06:42 CEST 2014

Hi Team,

Despite the expressed opinions, I would still prefer to abstain from it.

Just think about it. They clearly made it in order to hide from our project
ability to directly run the games. They deliberately decided to put
additional effort and it is for sure not a mistake or oversight.

For those who are not aware, they hid the index .LFL file into engine
executable, so all those patches Matt is referring to, do extract them with
use of hardcoded tables.

I do clearly understand how pitiful this could be for end-users, and that
it could lead to frustration.

Nevertheless, the safety of ScummVM Team and project is at my highest
priority. I just want you guys to continue enjoy hacking ScummVM and
sleeping well at night, without any potential threat from lawyers.

Any other opinions, particularly from the core team?

Eugene

>>> http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=12458
>>> http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=13521
>>> http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=7783