[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 1.7.0 release

Matthew Hoops clone2727 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 16:23:47 CEST 2014

On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 10:17 AM, Filippos Karapetis <bluegr at gmail.com> wrote:
> The following are not added in the NEWS file:
> - Voyer: Completable, but needs playtesting
> - Lord Avalot D'Argent: ???
> - Beavis and Butthead in Virtual Stupidity: ???
None of them were announced as supported and none of them have had a
playtesting session, so it makes sense they're not in the NEWS file.

> Should we wait until Fullpipe and Rex Nebular are finished (both seem quite
> close to completion)? Or should we move on with the release without holding
> off for these two?
I don't think we should hold back a release for them (or the other
three that haven't had a previous announcement).

> Also, what is the status of Wintermute? Will it be included in 1.7.0?
> Finally, what is the status of Broken Sword 2.5? It needs playtesting AFAIK.
> Will it be included in 1.7.0?
Wasn't "Chivalry is Not Dead" announced as supported?

> I've also looked through the commit history since 1.6.0 and found some
> additions/changes which are not mentioned in the NEWS file:
> - We should probably mention that libmpeg2 is now an additional optional
> dependency
MPEG2 support is already mentioned.

> - There have been several improvements in the PS2 port
> - The Wii backend can now be built with DevKitPPC R26 and later
> - A new OpenGL (ES) backend has been added
> - Experimental support for the OUYA has been added
> - The BADA port has been merged/updated into Tizen
> - Savegames in Tony Tough now work in BE platforms
> - The GUI can now be rendered in 32-bits
> - The game detection of the QUEEN engine has been rewritten
> - The build system has been changed to be more modular and easier to add new
> engines
> - UTF-32 support has been added
Some of these things don't really really NEWS-worthy. The build system
being rewritten doesn't affect the user. They won't care about UTF-32
support either; it doesn't even affect the GUI.

Matt