[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 1.7.0 release

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 19:22:46 CEST 2014

On 06/07/2014 04:17 PM, Filippos Karapetis wrote:
> Finally, what is the status of Broken Sword 2.5? It needs playtesting
> AFAIK. Will it be included in 1.7.0?

Broken Sword 2.5 still creates save games which are incompatible between
32bit and 64bit platforms AFAIK. Thus, I don't think it will be
supported in 1.7.0.

> - A new OpenGL (ES) backend has been added

I don't think we'll enable it for 1.7.0. Alyssa still wanted to patch
some bits which cause the mouse to be limited too much when we call
initSize too rapidly (like when starting from CLI). Also, I think
there's still some possibility to crash it when resizing in the
launcher. But, I'll need to look at that again...

> - The GUI can now be rendered in 32-bits

This is really only relevant for OpenGL output right now AFAIK. Thus,
it's really not worth mentioning.

// Johannes

PS: This time to -devel...