[Scummvm-devel] Detector unknown md5 output

Willem Jan Palenstijn wjp at usecode.org
Fri Sep 19 16:15:30 CEST 2014

Hi all,

Back in 2009, we seem to have tried to make advancedDetector only give the
following message when _all_ files in a detection entry were present, but when
some of them did not have the right size or md5:

"
The game in 'PATH' seems to be unknown.
Please, report the following data to the ScummVM team along with name
of the game you tried to add and its version/language/etc.:
"

However, commit 52b52d3c that tried to add this has been broken from the start
and has never been fixed. (It breaks from the loop when it detects an md5 or
size mismatch, and therefore fails to check for all files being present.)

Should we fix this check, or remove it again? I'm not intimately familiar with the detector(s), so opinions would be welcome.

-Willem Jan