[Scummvm-devel] 'gob' engine & 8bpp

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 00:18:08 CEST 2015

Hi again,

during my experiments with SDL and ScummVM I've noticed that Gobliiins
(both EGA and VGA versions) for some strange reason asks SDL for
320x240x16bpp resolution. This is nothing on current PCs but on our
platform it has fatal consequences because palette updates have to be done
via full framebuffer refresh and it's really slow.

I tried to set VGA and EGA as the rendering engine but no change. Is there
a reason for that? Or some global switch which would force Gobliiins to
render in 8bit?

Btw, even in a version compiled with --disable-16bit I could observe that,
really unexpected.

Thanks,
Miro