[Scummvm-devel] 'gob' engine & 8bpp

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 22:59:51 CEST 2015

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 10:51 PM, Miro Kropáček <miro.kropacek at gmail.com>
wrote:

> just SDL_BlitSurface() dirty rectangles directly into _hwscreen

Apropo, rectangles. This might be for you, Sven ;) I've noticed that
Gobliiins (not sure about other ones but I guess it's the same) outputs
insanely a lot dirty rectangles even if I don't do anything. Yeah, there
are the guys rolling with their eyes, the bird, the horn, ... but how it
can generate rectangles like {x = 1, y = 10, w = 320, h = 159} ? This is
nearly whole screen! I don't have to tell you how slow it makes the whole
game on a 66 MHz machine :-/

Miro