[Scummvm-devel] License FAQ draft

Thierry Crozat criezy at scummvm.org
Wed Dec 23 21:32:35 CET 2015

Hi all,

Following some discussions you may have seen somewhere else (hint: somewhere on github) I drafted a possible page to explain in concise and simple term the obligation of the GPL license and some additional recommendation. You can find it here:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/License_FAQ <http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/License_FAQ>

I used the wiki because this provided a simple way to me to draft something. If we decide this is a good idea, this could be moved to the web site, or kept on the wiki with a link from the web site.

You are of course welcome to discuss and edit that page, especially as I am not a GPL guru and may have made (read: am likely to have made) mistakes. You may also think of a better way to present the information and additional information to provide. Finally the non-required aspect (e.g. giving us credit) can be discussed. I wrote what came to my mind but you may have other ideas (hopefully we can find something we all agree on).

Thierry