[Scummvm-devel] Scummvm-devel Digest, Vol 104, Issue 14

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 21:29:52 CET 2015

On 02/25/2015 09:16 PM, m_kiewitz at scummvm.org wrote:
> I never bought those on GOG and their page doesn't mention Dos-Box either, so I couldn't know. I mean there should be a "Powered by Dos-Box" then, right?

See the relevant discussion that we specifically asked for this and the
DOSBox team did not (so far).

> But sure, that explains it. Still it's quite weird, that they don't use ScummVM for those games as well, especially because we handle Hires King's Quest 6 including dual mode, which Dos-Box simply can't (hires without a Windows 3.11 installation and dual-mode at all).

I was always curious whether we can get any reasons from GoG on why they
use DOSBox or why they use ScummVM. Maybe there's some reasons/bugs we
are not aware of which prevent them from using ScummVM. Getting QA
results from them would be cool too.

> btw. is there a known problem with the scummvm.org email server? I just got this email right now instead of yesterday.

It is because you seem to use digests. That means instead of receiving
an mail for every mail sent to the mailing list, it will periodically
send you combined messages (IIRC). The best thing would be to change
your subscription to non-digest mode.

// Johannes