[Scummvm-devel] Android port (was: Re: Proposed 1.8.0 release schedule)

Alyssa Milburn fuzzie at fuzzie.org
Mon Feb 1 17:47:26 CET 2016

On Mon, Feb 01, 2016 at 02:25:43PM +0100, Eugene Sandulenko wrote:
> Nothing prevents you from doing it even now. GUI is essentially same
> OSystem user as any engine is. Just launch relevant engine plugins once the
> user selected their game, it's easy and straighforward.

You're right, there's less logic in the GUI code than I thought there was.

> We used to even have a port with fully custom launcher. That was PalmOS
> port. The drawback of it is that you have to support your custom launcher.

Hm, I will look at it. Do you (or does anyone else) know of any mockups or
design work other than the iPad design which was on the forums, and the old
mockups for the GUI?

> We had a GSoC task to make the GUI touch-friendly, and also we may refer to
> what is done with DotEmu releases (which come from iPhSoft/MojoTouch). I
> was involved in creating some of that code and plan to bring pieces of it
> soon: transparent PNGs, 9-patch images, event-based animations.

Cool. I guess it's also worth checking what other changes are in the source
releases, to make sure we don't miss anything important..?

- Alyssa