[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 1.8.0 release status: feature freeze

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Mon Feb 8 21:30:55 CET 2016

Johannes Schickel <lordhoto at gmail.com> writes:

> I gave the demo a try in DOSBox. It does not feature any music. It
> didn't complain about missing files or anything and seemed to work
> fine. So, I guess it's not a broken archive. This looks like a bug in
> Tinsel since it tries to initialize an audio output never the less.

Ok, so I guess it's this code in music.cpp that needs to be refined:

   if ((vm->getGameId() == GID_DW1) && (milesAudioEnabled)) {

milesAudioEnabled is set whenever the platform is kPlatformDOS,
so the requirement to have these files trigger for any DOS version
of DW1 (including demos).

If I change the test to

   if ((vm->getGameId() == GID_DW1) && (vm->getVersion() != TINSEL_V0) &&
       (milesAudioEnabled)) {

then the demo starts.  I don't know if this change is either complete
or sound though; there could be V0 versions which have the files, or
V1 ones which do not...

Another option would be to change the error into a warning and just
continue down to the fallback of creating the default driver.

  // Marcus