[Scummvm-devel] Hello from the new iOS maintainer

Vincent Bénony vbenony at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 18:19:28 CET 2016

Hi there,

I'm Vincent Bénony, and I'll maintain the iOS version of ScummVM, especially for the new devices running iOS 7 and later.

A short introduction about me: I'm the founder of Cryptic Apps SARL, a little company based in France (actually, I'm the only member :-)), where I develop the Hopper Disassembler, a reverse engineering tool for OS X and Linux (http://www.hopper-app.com). I'm also interested in cryptography, and I received my PhD from the University of Lille, France in 2006.

I worked on various open-source projects, in many different areas, like porting the Linux kernel on PDA, improving the Capstone disassembler engine... I even brought the unofficial French translation (only from a technical point of view) to the OS X version of Tales of Monkey Island.

I discovered ScummVM a long time ago, while trying to find a way to play my Amiga games on OS X, but I never had a chance to develop for the project, until now :). I'm just discovering the project's history, so, expect some time before I'm fully compliant with your rules. I'll do my best!

Feel free to contact me about the iOS port! I'll try to be as much active as possible on the ScummVM forums, at least, as much as my job permits.

Regards,
Vincent Bénony, aka bSr43.