[Scummvm-devel] Fwd: Idea: ScummVM weekly snapshots

Lothar Serra Mari lserramari at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 08:44:33 CEST 2016

Hi Thierry,

thanks for your feedback. First, I think I can agree with everything
you say. Eugene also proposed to change the wording of the
announcements instead of switching to weekly snapshots. Instead of
"playable with the latest daily", we should use "playable with the
daily build from 27.07.2016 03:00 UTC or newer".

In b), I totally missed that a regression would be present in all
future daily builds, which makes this point pretty much obsolete.

Regarding c2, maybe you noticed that I started to update the NEWS file
more frequently with almost every bugfix or new addition. I'd love to
start a blog for ScummVM - maybe including short articles when a
change is made and/or a monthly summary. I'm unsure if we should use
the announcements for this too or only for important things like game
testing or the announcements of releases? Maybe we could use this blog
for short announcements about bug fixes or changes and the montly
summary and post those summaries as an announcement?

Twitter... A bit limited due to the 140 character limit. Facebook... I
neither like nor use it.

Lothar