[Scummvm-devel] Flight of the Amazon Queen: 20th Anniversary Edition lands on the iOS App Store

Liron Barzilai liron at mojo-touch.com
Fri Mar 25 15:27:15 CET 2016

Dear Team,

As some of you may know me from previous work together, I’m Liron from
MojoTouch.
I am the producer of a new revamp edition of the classic adventure game
Flight of the Amazon Queen and I’ve been working with John Passfield,
the original
game designer, to bring the game to modern platforms in time for it’s 20th
anniversary!

We just released for iOS and been featured on the App Store in ‘Best New
Games’ section worldwide.
As usual, our source code is at our website: http://mojo-touch.com/gpl/
and full ScummVM credits are included on the game's new About screen.

I like to offer free redeem code to any ScummVM team member that like to
get one, just drop me an email.
And now that Google also let developers creates redeem codes, we can offer
ones to all our Android releases as well. Let me know if you like any.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=MojoTouch

As a reminder, some details about the game:
Inspired by the classic LucasArts adventure games, Flight of the Amazon
Queen is a point and click graphic adventure set in the 1940’s. You play
Joe King, pilot for hire, tasked with flying famous movie starlet Faye
Russell into the Amazon jungle for a photo shoot. Things take a turn for
the worse and Joe finds himself up against a mad scientist intent on taking
over the world!

I’ve included the full press release at the bottom of this email.

Download from the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1082321063
Check out the trailer:  https://youtu.be/t-bZ-NXkGrc
Download the press kit here: http://mojo-touch.com/FOTAQ-PR_Kit.zip

Best Regards,
Liron Barzilai
MojoTouch

[PRESS RELEASE]

Flight of the Amazon Queen: 20th Anniversary Edition available now on iOS!
25th March, 2016 - MojoTouch and Red Sprite Studios are happy to announce
the launch of the 20th Anniversary Edition of the classic point and click
adventure game: Flight of the Amazon Queen - which has been featured by
Apple on the App Store in “Best New Games” worldwide.

Remastered for mobile, the 20th Anniversary Edition features improved
graphics rendering, full voice acting, a highly praised touch interface,
high definition menus and loads of bonus material.
Please visit https://youtu.be/t-bZ-NXkGrc for the video trailer.

The year is 1949 and you play Joe King, pilot for hire, tasked with flying
famous movie starlet Faye Russell into the Amazon jungle for a photo shoot.
Unfortunately, things don’t go to plan and Joe finds himself stranded in
the heart of the jungle where he must rescue a kidnapped princess, brave a
dangerous temple, encounter fearsome Amazonian warriors, and uncover a mad
scientist’s plan to take over the world!

It's up to you to deal with the imminent threat of world domination … but
be careful, or this may be the last Flight of the Amazon Queen!

“I can’t believe it’s been 20 years since the game was released. The work
MojoTouch has done is amazing, the game looks like it was made especially
for a mobile device.” said John Passfield, designer and programmer of the
original game.

“It’s exciting to bring this classic game, with revamped experience, to a
whole new generation of fans.” said Liron Barzilai, producer and developer
of the 20th Anniversary Edition.

Available on the App Store:
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1082321063

The game features:
- A classic graphic adventure based on the much-loved LucasArts adventure
games and the adventure films of the '40s
- Explore over 100 exotic locations and interact with over 40 wildly
individual characters including, but not limited to, a tribe of Amazon
women and 6-foot-tall pygmies
- Witty dialogues packed with sassy humor will make you laugh out loud
- FULL voice-acting including the talents of the famous British actress
Penelope Keith, Actor William Hootkins who played Red Six(Jek Porkins) in
Star Wars, Brad Lavelle, Tom Hill, Enn Reitel, Jon Coleman, Debbie Arnold
and more!

20th Anniversary Edition features:
- Totally new, much praised, game play controls that were built from the
ground up for touch-screens.
 *  Hotspot based - no more pixel hunting!
 *  All-new slick icons and animations.
 *  For more details, please see our tutorial video:
https://youtu.be/Scq1QDKOFHA

- A stunning new HD graphic mode that upscales the game beautifully to
high-resolutions
- Completely new game menus and save/load system
- Music options: MT-32 or Original Adlib
- Optional retro settings: play with original graphics and even the
original controls (mouse pointer)
- Multiple languages (ALL included without additional payment):
English voice acting, with the option for adding subtitles in English,
Spanish, Italian and Hebrew
German voice acting with or without German subtitles
French voice acting with or without French subtitles

Download the press kit here:
http://mojo-touch.com/FOTAQ-PR_Kit.zip

Critics and fans quotes:
"A great game, that'll give you hours of fun and leave you feeling good. We
love it!"
-Mr. Bill's Adventureland

"Walks on the fine line between Monkey Island and Indiana Jones without
falling."
"A well-executed adventure."
- Leading MobyGames reviewers

The 20th Anniversary Edition produced and developed by
MojoTouch www.mojo-touch.com a professional software house for mobile
world, founded in 2008 at Tel-Aviv, Israel by Liron Barzilai.
Licensed from Red Sprite Studios, www.redspritestudios.com - the original
Australian-based game developer.
LucasArts, Monkey Island, Indiana Jones and Star Wars are registered
trademarks of Lucasfilm Ltd.

For further information on this release, please contact MojoTouch at:
http://mojo-touch.com/contact/