[Scummvm-devel] Change to OSystem - Addition of openUrl(const Common::String& url)

Thierry Crozat criezy at scummvm.org
Sat Sep 10 03:22:30 CEST 2016

Hello porters,

Today I made a change to OSystem class by adding:
 - the 'kFeatureOpenUrl' feature flag
 - the 'bool openUrl(const Common::String& url)' virtual function

The openUrl feature is currently implemented for the posix, macosx, win32 and android backbends. The androidsdl backend inherits the posix implementation but I don't know if anybody tested that it works (I tested it on desktop Linux). Please consider implementing this feature for your platform and/or checking that it works.

This feature is currently only used by the cloud code to open a web page for authentication when connection to a cloud provider. There is also a test in the testbed engines that allows testing that it is correctly implemented. In case you are unfamiliar with the testbed engine, you can add the "game" by pointing ScummVM to <scummvm sources root>/dists/engine-data/testbed-audiocd-files/. Then run it and follow instructions.

Note that there is no rush. As mentioned by Eugene the cloud feature is not ready to be included in the 1.9.0 release, and the openUrl() feature is only used there for now.

Thierry