[Scummvm-devel] The new Buildbot: what’s happening, what needs to happen

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Mon Dec 18 23:21:25 CET 2017

On 17 December 2017 at 15:36, Willem Jan Palenstijn <wjp at usecode.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 16, 2017 at 09:08:15PM -0600, Colin Snover wrote:
> > Team,
> >
> > One of my goals for the next release of ScummVM is to automate the
> > process of building and generating release packages. My hope is that
> > this will allow us to have a faster release cycle, more consistent
> > release quality, and free up manpower to focus on the many parts of
> > ScummVM which cannot be so easily automated (like adding more engines!
> :)).
> >
> > The first two major parts of this project are nearly complete: the
> > upgrade of Buildbot, and the introduction of infrastructure management
> > using Ansible.
>
> Hi Colin,
>
> Let me start by saying: Thank you! This is great work, and will really help
> keep ScummVM portable and maintainable. I'm very enthusiastic about these
> changes.

In short, I also like the idea, and I see no problem with granting you the
needed permissions.

The only thing which I would like to discuss, is the requirements for every
port to have a buildbot instance. I have no real data, but I would be not
surprised that in some cases some toolchains will not be easy to install on
Linux environment. And of course, I could be wrong in this regard.

Eugene