[Scummvm-devel] Proposed schedule for 1.10.0

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Tue Nov 7 08:22:21 CET 2017

Hi Team,

Now, both SCI3 and Starship Titanic bugfixing is mainly over, thus I'd like
to propose to launch the 1.10.0. Maybe we should call it 2.0.0?

I am not sure we can get enough testers at this time, but I'm leaving it
open, and propose two schedules: with and without the extensive testing
period.

With testing:

November 12: Release cycle starts, testing announced, list of bugs
published. Trunk is frozen
November 19: branch, trunk unfrozen, porters contacted
December 8, Fri: tagging, tarballs uploaded, porters start submitting their
builds
December 17: Release

Without testing:

November 12: branch, list of critical bugs published, porters contacted
November 24, Fri: tagging, tarballs uploaded, porters start submitting
their builds
December 3: Release

Which schedule to choose? If we chose without testing, then I anticipate
1.10.1 (2.0.1?) in mid-January and perhaps .2 in February/March.

What about the version number? Should we switch to 2.0.0 since all SCUMM
and SCI games are supported?

Eugene