[Scummvm-devel] PR for Mission Supernova Engine

Marcus Comstedt marcus at lysator.liu.se
Thu Jan 4 11:37:43 CET 2018

Hi,

Joe Winzer <joewinzer at googlemail.com> writes:

> Good news everyone,
>
> Over the course of last year's GSoC I ported Mission Supernova, a scifi
> themed adventure to ScummVM. Fortunately the source code was provided to
> us and the game was uploaded by the developer as freeware on his website
> http://outpost.simplicity.de/
>
> The current state is the following,
>     	Part 1 is completable
>     	Intro music reverb still buggy
>     	Scrolling text is missing
> 	Part 2 WIP
>     	Translation for part 1 and 2 is done but needs to be polished

Cool.

Here is something that confuses me greatly though:

The latest commit on the supernova branch (8c54b1d) breaks the build for
me (on Linux/ppc64), even though Travis claims that it does compile
(maybe Travis isn't enabling the engine?)...

I don't think this is BE related; all prototypes for initGraphics in
engines/util.h require the defaultTo1xScaler parameter.

What am I missing here?

(By backing out the commit I got everything to build and the game starts
 fine AFAICT.)

  // Marcus