[Scummvm-devel] Re: A few various things.

Ludvig Strigeus strigeus at home.se
Thu Nov 8 22:55:03 CET 2001

Hello!

> Firstly, the same game key combinations probably need remapping. A menu
> would be nice. In dott, for example, I cannot save because the SCUMM
> system seems to want to use ctrl-1 for switching between characters.

I fixed a bug related to key presses yesterday, and that particular bug might be gone.
However, I'm working on a GUI system similar to the one in the real SCUMM engine, with similar looking save/load dialogs etc.

> Next, multiple sound support. Music would also been a bonus - you managed
> to use the iMuse libraries from within ScummVM?
I will implement multiple sound support.
I don't use the iMuse libraries from the real SCUMM, but rather my own implementation of the iMuse engine. Since it's patented by LucasArts, I havn't decided if/when/how to release it.

> Err.. what else... S&M CD version almost works except for the rooms not
> being drawn and a few clipping problems (text needs to be overlayed onto
> the animations)... A new struct or a modification to use versioninfo as a
> way to specify unusual extensions to files (eg, not .00x)..
I have not really looked into the Sam&Max specific details yet. I will add better auto detection of the game data file names, but I don't know any platform independent way to iterate files in a directory.

> I'm playing with a few of these things, but the code is a little hard to
> understand in some places :)
Yeah, I'm constantly working to making it easier to read/understand. Since it's mostly reverse engineered, what you see there should be quite similar to the code in the original SCUMM engine.

Best Regards,
Ludvig Strigeus