[Scummvm-devel] Mac-Port Progress Update

Vasyl Tsvirkunov vasyl at pacbell.net
Fri Nov 23 02:39:01 CET 2001

> I think some people are working on AdLib support using a library that
> produces directly audio samples. The problem is that I do not know if
iMuse
> supports AdLib (in addition to GM and MT32) for sound output.

Monkey Island worked wiht AdLib, even with speaker. Quality suffered.
In our case I would not mind having even AdLib quality level as fallback
solution in the core.

> The other solution is what we are trying to do using TiMidity : a MIDI =>
> digital audio converter. The problem is that it will be VERY hard to store
> all the MIDI instruments on a flash card (well, I have an udrive so I do
not
> have this problem :-) ).

It's actually not a problem to store them (most people use fairly large CF
with
PocketPCs, 128M or even larger), but loading them into memory and mixing
on the fly may be a real issue.

> Putting the game selection in the standard executable itself is not a good
> idea IMHO.

I was not talking about putting game selection there, only about exposing
list
of games -- practically trivial task. Right now the list is private to
scummvm.cpp.

Vasyl