[Scummvm-devel] Timer question (timer.cpp)

Ruediger Hanke tomjoad at muenster.de
Mon Aug 5 08:03:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

is the call to set_timer() in Timer::handler really necessary to restart
the timer? As I understand the SDL docs, returning the new timer
interval should be sufficient. I haven't compiled ScummVM with SDL
so I don't know. All I know is that it confuses by MorphOS implementation
which tries to launch two timers then. That is easily fixed. But I still
wonder if the set_timer() is really necessary?

Depending on how SDL works, it may even be a bug ... I mean,
there's a new interval being calculated, but the old interval is
returned. If SDL handles only one timer, it may stop the timer with
the new interval and restart it with the old interval.

RĂ¼diger
--
"...wherever there's somebody fightin' for a place to stand
Or a decent job or a helping hand