[Scummvm-devel] Proposal: restructuring the source tree

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Fri Aug 16 04:22:02 CEST 2002

At 0:42 Uhr +0200 16.08.2002, Pawel Kolodziejski wrote:

[...]

>>|-- util.cpp
>>`-- util.h
>This should be in common.

You mean we should have a subdir "common" where common source files
go in? Sounds fine to me.

>  >What do you think?
>I think that is a good idea.
>
>I'm thinking about optimize sounds/music and smush gfx codecs to
>assembler. After bugless release dig and ft, of course.
>What about structure that files ?
>example:
>/asm/intel
>               /codec37-i386.cpp
>/asm/ppc
>/asm/m86k
>              /bundle_codecs-m020.cpp
>              /bundle_codecs-m060.cpp

That would be OK, but you should not forget to also include portable
C/C++ variants of all of these, so that we can still be ported to
every system :-)

[...]

>  >deal with the debian stuff and the scummvm.spec (for RPM), maybe add
>  >a "distro" dir or just put them into the main level?
>I think in "distro" dir and subdirs "debian" and "rpm".

That's what I thought.

>What about class structure ?

Restructuring the code is another important thing to do, and if you
compare current ScummVM with that of a year ago, I think we already
came a long way :-) But it's a somewhat orthogonal issue, i.e. we can
change the class structure and such independently of the file
hierarchy.

>Cheers,
>
>Aquadran

Max Horn