[Scummvm-devel] Savefiles

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Dec 15 09:15:02 CET 2002

I am not happy at all with the idea of subclassing OSystem from a
SaveFileManager class. That seems just plain wrong to me, it makes no
sense from a logic point of view.

Rather, either add a SaveFileManager *getSaveFileManager(); method to
OSystem, or find some other way to obtain a reference to the
SaveFileManager. But changing OSystem to subclass that from it is an
abuse of the design.

Otherwise, I think this is a good idea. It'll clash a bit with the
savegame compression patch I have here, but then we are still waiting
for permission to use LZO under the LGPL.