[Scummvm-devel] Re: Amiga actor corruption

Ruediger Hanke tomjoad at muenster.de
Wed Jul 17 03:19:03 CEST 2002

>> I've just played around with the costume renderers a bit and I
>> made it work fine now for the three costume decoders without
>> scaling (proc6, proc5, proc4) for the Amiga versions of Monkey2
>> and Atlantis. If there's noone else working on it, I could check
>> this in tomorrow if you allow me ... and I could have a look at
>> the remaining procedures.
>
> Sure, you are welcome! :-)

Alright, I'll do this, then.

>> One note: I've currently implemented it separated from the
>> original "PC" costume procedures, not mixed in, so it wouldn't
>> break anything for VGA versions, just make the Amiga versions
>> look good ...
>
> <shrug> it that was easier for you this way, why not. How do you
> determine which one is to be used?

Well, for testing I've just #if'd out the old code ;) It was
indeed easier for working it out. It may be possible to merge it
with the regular routines, but I wanted to check this later when
everything is working ok.

As for determining which to use, I'd check if game is MONKEY2
or INDY4 and AMIGA flag is set. I think that's the only way to find
out ... alternately, it would be possible to define a new game flag
that signals to use the alternate code if AMIGA flag is set, then I
wouldn't have to check for game ids.

RĂ¼diger
--
"...wherever there's somebody fightin' for a place to stand
Or a decent job or a helping hand