[Scummvm-devel] Re: SCUMM Engine

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Tue Jun 25 04:16:04 CEST 2002

"J.Brown (Ender/Amigo)" <ender at enderboi.com> writes:

> Oh, feel free. I'm just making this up as I go - mostly from stealing the
> defence notes from BNetD :)
>
> I'm very intrested in other peoples opinions/suggestions/comments.

My take on this is that it's most likely just a misunderstanding on
the behalf of LEC Legal.  These people probably have to deal with
"abandonware" sites on a daily basis, and reading their mail it seems
that they believe that we are distributing the LucasArts SPU
implementation under the (false) assumption that it is abandonware.
Since this is not the case, and you explained this in you very well
formulated reply, they should be happy and get on with their lives.

That's the theory of course.  Although these people seem civilized and
fairly clued in, there's no way of telling how a legal type person
thinks.  If you do not get a reply from them within a reasonable
amount of time, it might be wise to contact Sourceforge administration
and give them the full story so that they'll have the facts if/when
LEC Legal contacts them directly.

But my guess is that they will realize their mistake.

  // Marcus