[Scummvm-devel] Possible patch for a problem I have with ScummVM

damage-list at freenet.de damage-list at freenet.de
Fri Mar 1 15:02:46 CET 2002

Hello,
when using ScummVM from CVS with Win2k and MSVC I got errors like

Error(0:0:0x0): Cannot find '(null)atlantis.000'!

I looked at the code and saw that there was a NULL pointer that was
added to string pointers on several positions of the code. I simply changed the
following lines in scummvm.cpp ( starting at line 209 ) :

	if (!_gameDataPath) {
		warning("No path was provided. Assuming that data file are in the
current directory");
	}

to:

	if (!_gameDataPath) {
		warning("No path was provided. Assuming that data file are in the
current directory");
		_gameDataPath = "";
	}

I don't know whether this is the right solution for all platforms but it certainly
works for me.

Greetings,
Michael Knorr