[Scummvm-devel] MI2 / IJ4 memory trash

Ruediger Hanke tomjoad at muenster.de
Fri Nov 15 08:05:05 CET 2002

Hello,

I noticed some probs with Indy4 and Monkey2 on my Pegasos lately.
Unfortunately I cannot test with a PC; chances are it's an Endian bug?

At some points in the games, I get random error messages. E.g. when
Indy shows the statue to Kerner in the intro sequence, SVM crashes each
time with a random error like ...

Error(74:33:0x7E): o5_drawObject: default case!
Error(74:10002:0xF72E): script 2 not in room 68 at 430118+25948!
Error: (DCXE) Not found in 0... illegal block len -2107551375

Looks like some memory trashing is going on there. I'm still wishing for
a nice debugger so it's a bit difficult to track down so ...

RĂ¼diger
--
"...wherever there's somebody fightin' for a place to stand
Or a decent job or a helping hand