[Scummvm-devel] Freeing resources on quit

Ruediger Hanke tomjoad at muenster.de
Sat Oct 5 10:54:05 CEST 2002

Hello,

I have a problem with resource leaks on quitting ScummVM in my
MorphOS port. It's because ScummVM doesn't shutdown properly
but just uses exit() for quitting.

The biggest problem is the MIDI of Simon the Sorcerer. Étude isn't closed
on exit, the user has to reset before he can start another MIDI app.

How about implementing some "proper" quit? I'd do this if nobody
else has time or considers it important ... but I'd need to know how
to do it. Because the System instance doesn't know about the engine,
the only thing I could think of would be another function in the
system interface that can be queried by the Engine whether it should
quit ...

Any other ideas? Any comments on the issue?

Rüdiger

"...wherever there's somebody fightin' for a place to stand
Or a decent job or a helping hand
Wherever somebody's struggling to be free
Look in their eyes Mom you'll see me."
- Bruce Springsteen, "The Ghost of Tom Joad"