[Scummvm-devel] State of the SCUMM: Please read.

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Oct 17 17:01:04 CEST 2002

At 1:03 Uhr +0200 18.10.2002, Marcus Comstedt wrote:
>"J.Brown (Ender/Amigo)" <ender at enderboi.com> writes:
>
>>  Hi all :)
>>
>[...]
>>
>>  Could all of the maintainers for the above please reply to this email and
>>  let me know if your port still compiles with the latest CVS tree - I'm
>>  fairly certain some of you still havn't implemented Overlay support, which
>>  is required by the OSystem interface for NewGUI. If you need assistance
>>  with implementing Overlays, either take a look at the SDL implementation,
>>  or just post here and someone will help.
>
>I've started looking at implementing the overlays for DC, but I found
>out there are some older changes which break the port as well.  For
>example, GameDetector::detectGame() has been made protected (I can't
>even begin to guess what the purpose of this change was)

Simple: this is a function that is only used internally by
GameDetector, and as such I made it protected.
But if you absolutly have to call it for the DC, I don't mind if you
change it back to publich.

>, which means
>that the DC launcher can't convert the EXE filename to the name of the
>game for displaying in the menu any more.

Is that something alike to the ingame launcher we are working on?

>  Of course, doing this
>wasn't very convenient before either, so maybe a public function which
>just takes a game filename and returns the name of the game (if known)
>could be added?

For one thing, you can still read the list of known games. The
ScummVM in-game launcher dialog makes use of this to display a list
of all configure games for the user to choose from.

Max Horn
Software Developer

email: <mailto:max at quendi.de>
phone: (+49) 6151-494890