[Scummvm-devel] State of the SCUMM: Please read.

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Fri Oct 18 14:04:04 CEST 2002

Max Horn <max at quendi.de> writes:

> >Also, I can't seem to get saving to work with the new GUI.  I can
> >click on a free slot, which makes it reverse video.  If I then click
> >the "Save" gadget, the reverse video is changed into an outline, but
> >nothing more happens.  I don't seem to be able to either enter a
> >description of the save game or perform the actual save.  Did the
> >keyboard interface change or something?
>
> No the usage logic for the dialog is queer. We are going to change
> this. For now, select an item, then press return (this starts edit
> mode), then press return again to save. Double clicking an item will
> load it. Of course this is quite counter intuitive and is another
> thing that I want to change ASAP (Endy's suggestion for how to do it
> sounds quite reasonble).

Ok, I've tried it out now.  Pressing return when the item is selected
does indeed enter edit mode.  However, as soon as i have typed a
character, it gets repeated until I press another key.  It seems that
something is now expecting key up events as well as key down events,
correct?

Also, the second return only deactivates edit mode.  Nothing still
gets saved to the memory card.

  // Marcus