[Scummvm-devel] Pre 0.4.0 concerns

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Mon Apr 28 13:40:03 CEST 2003

Max Horn <max at quendi.de> writes:

> Well, it would be interesting to get a list of all the loaded costumes
> (i.e.: how many costume resources are loaded; and how big are they, on
> average). That list could then be compared to the list of active
> actors, and which costumes they use. Knowing that we could better
> judge whether the numbers look sane or not.

Turns out they are few enough that I can give you a complete list:

13: 264 bytes
14: 295832 bytes
15: 215342 bytes
18: 228362 bytes

However, when I try to use LoadedCostume::loadCostume(14) to get a
closer look at the first "biggie", I drop out into the debugger with
the message `Costume 14 is invalid.'.  Which is really odd, since
actor 3 is wearing it.  Maybe I'm just doing something wrong here?

Anyway, while being in the debugger anyway, I listed the actors:

Actor    Costume
2        13
3        14
4        18
5        15

I'm assuming actors 3-5 are Low, Brink and Robbins, and 2 is the
inventory icon or something.  To me, 200K+ sounds like an awful lot
for a single costume, but maybe it's correct?  I'm still a bit puzzled
about the "invalid costume" message though...

  // Marcus